My eyes open slowly, with some struggle, as if weights were tied onto the lashes. Its 12:02 P.M. and I lay there groaning, just thinking of why in the world I would go to sleep at an ungodly time like 3 A.M. My head lightly pounds, in intervals, as if a high school marching band drummer is following a routine, and it sucks. The whole morning is gone and I can only think that the day is ending in T-minus 10 hours. What could i possibly accomplish in merely 10 hours?
I’m 22 1/2, father time is catching up to me slowly and giving me exactly what I deserve for testing my whole limitations.
So, we were talking about 10 hours, right? What could one do in 10 measly hours? Well I could play video games all day, that could work. Or I can plan for a very difficult (and some may say, torturous) semester. I could sit down and think of the next great novella, or even poetry book, or I can sit down and watch my laptop all day, constantly refreshing the amount of books I’ve sold in their lifetime.
The possibilities are endless I suppose.
But in all honesty, what could a person do in 10 hours?
- Read a book
- Write more poems
- Hit the gym
- Donate money
- Talk to your mom
- And your sisters
- Maybe even visit your dad who just came back from Pakistan
- Cradle your newborn nephew
- Play with your 3 year-old nephew
- Hang out with your friends
- Think of all the places you can travel to once YOU. HAVE. MONEY.
- Text the wife
- Go for a run
- Watch some netflix
- FaceTime the wife
- See the wife (she’s gonna kill me for how far down the list this is)
- Go to Starbucks
- Reconnect with high school friends (LOL pass)
- Fight with random people over twitter (Never do)
- Retweet funny memes
- Spend unreasonable amount of time on Reddit
- Watch some football (Rip Jets)
- Talk to brand new people
- Eat some good food and be grateful you have teeth
- Write the next great poem that’s as messed up as ‘Daddy’ by Sylvia Plath
- Listen to music
- Lay in bed and think of how people actually elected Donald Trump
- Have an existential crisis
- And a mental breakdown
- Also wonder why you’re back in bed
- Oh you can drive to Toronto in 8 hours
- 6 hours to Buffalo even
- Contemplate why you didn’t do more with your life, even though you’re only 22 years YOUNG.
- Uhm I think that may be it
- I should def try this blogging thing out
- Also this blog post only took me 28 minutes to make
- I should def revise it.
- But ill be back soon hopefully with more thought out posts
- i was just really inspired at the moment.